2021- 2022 Grant Timeline
Applications Open July 30
Applications Close September 17
Day 1 November 5
Day 2 November 9
Applying for a Traditional Grant
The Education Foundation knows the educators at Mansfield ISD are dedicated to giving our students the best education possible. Our teachers and educators have creative ideas to bring learning to life in the classroom and on the campus, but tight school budgets do not always have the resources to fund the 'extras'. That is where the Education Foundation's grant program can help!
If you have an innovative way to engage your students and enhance their learning but lack the funding to implement it, apply for a grant with the Education Foundation. Don't be intimidated by the words 'apply for a grant', just download the Grant Application Template today and you may find that applying for a grant is not as hard as you thought.
Grants will be awarded in the fall on Friday, November 5, and Tuesday, November 9. The Grant Patrol consists of foundation board members, school district administrators, and volunteers boarding buses and traveling to campuses throughout the district surprising grant winners with a lot of enthusiasm and a very large check.
(Access Grant Application Link through Classlink or 'MISD.net' account)
How do I submit a grant?
- Grant applications are submitted online via Google link from your ‘misd.net’ account. Teachers will be sent an email from email@example.com with the link to submit their applications.
- Use the above grant application template/worksheet as a guide when preparing to write your grant.
- We recommend you compose your grant in word.
- When you are ready to submit your application, cut and paste it from your word document into the google form.
- Have your principal’s signature (and any other approvals you may need) before you submit your application.
- NEW! To eliminate common mistakes that cause issues in ordering grant items, the purchasing department will review all budget sheets before a grant is submitted. Simply email your completed Budget Page to purchasing for them to review and approve. They will check the codes and vendor status before you submit your grant so any issue found can be fixed before it is time to place your order. We appreciate their efforts to eliminate delays in the ordering process.
What approvals do I need before I submit my grant application?
Principal: Applications must be approved and signed by your principal before submitting.
Purchasing: For questions regarding approved vendors call MISD Purchasing (817) 299-6090. Email completed Budget Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval and signature.
Technology: Grants with any technology must be approved by MISD Technology Department: ShawnteeCowan@misdmail.org or call (817) 299-4344.
Special Education: Any Special Education based grants must be approved by SPED. Call 817-299-4306.
SEL: Any social-emotional learning grants must be approved by MendyGregory@misdmail.org or call (632) 314-1627.
DEI: Grants that benefit diversity, equity, and inclusion must be approved by DanyellWells@misdmail.org or call (817) 299-6323.
Construction: Grants that require construction must be approved by JeffreyBrogden@misdmail.org or call (817) 299-4344.
10 Grant writing tips….
- Don't be intimidated. Simply explain the need then how and why this grant will fill it.
- Be creative and think out of the box with your grants! Grant evaluators spend hours and hours reading grants, so make yours unique.
- Think sustainability! Will this grant be utilized for years? If not, you may want to rethink it.
- Write grants for smaller amounts. They are more likely to be funded.
- Don’t try to use a lot of big words; keep it simple.
- Not all grant readers/ evaluators will have a strong background in education so avoid using education terminology without first explaining what it is (examples: PBL, ARD, ESL, SPED, GT...).
- Talk to teachers that have received grants. Most are more than willing to help you with ideas and concepts.
- The Foundation, as a rule, does not buy textbooks or food.
- Show your passion for bringing learning to life!
- Stop thinking about it and just do it! We want to hear your ideas!
Congratulations, you got a grant! Now what?
- Let the world know about your grant and how it is making an impact on your students! Post on social media and tag the Education Foundation. Twitter: @foundationMISD Facebook: @MansfieldISDEducationFoundation.
- Email the Education Foundation with photos and tell us about your ‘grant in action’. We may highlight your grant as one of our success stories.
- Grants awarded in the fall must be implemented and active the following spring semester.
- If you do not spend all of your money, it will be returned to the Education Foundation and used for the next round of grants.
- Enjoy your grant and stay in touch! We love hearing updates!